Saturday, March 31, 2012

Design Project 3: Execution.Craftsmanship - Selected Sketch 3

Theme: Society and Culture series
Art movement: Street Art
Reference Artist: Banksy


Original sketch: see, hear, talk money.

As usual, I redesigned it as the previous artwork was too simple.
I then used the [magnetic lasso tool] to select the areas I want.
Use the [lasso tool] to add and remove selection of areas.

shift + left click to add areas.
alt + left click to delete areas.

I chose brown color for the fur color as it suits the monkey more. 

I then did the same steps to color the money. Of course to define better the
shape of the money, I used to [brush tool] to repaint it's outline.

To do such detail work, it is best to zoom in closer.
CTRL + [-] to zoom out.
CRTL + [+] to zoom in.

The same steps were repeated for the hat. I used the [color picker] to select the color
i wanted.
I then paints the body and the eyes. and I added some [noise] to the picture.
I then added this texture to the painting.

The blending option i used was [multiply] and I adjust the opacity level to [75%]
The end result

No comments:

Post a Comment